Watch Unit 12’s Tentative Agreement Explanation Video
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #8 - July 14, 2023
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #7 - June 26, 2023
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #6 - June 8, 2023
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #5 - May 25, 2023
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #4 - April 26, 2023
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #3 - March 28, 2023
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #2 - March 3, 2023
- IUOE Unit 12 Bargaining Update #1 - February 10, 2023
- CDCR IUOE Members, Title 8 Update - February 3, 2023
- 2023 Unit 12 Bargaining Survey Due Date Extension - January 19, 2023
- Essential Worker Pay Negotiations Update - December 20, 2022
- Essential Worker Pay Negotiations Update - October 31, 2022
- Essential Worker Pay Negotiations Update - September 2, 2022
- Essential Worker Pay Negotiations Update - July 26, 2022
- Essential Worker Pay Negotiations Update - July 1, 2022
- Essential Worker Pay Negotiations Update - June 13, 2022
- CDCR N95 Policy Update - January 26, 2022
- Essential Worker Pay Negotiations Update - January 24, 2022
Members have the full power of the Union to represent, protect, and defend them in any discipline, grievance, arbitration, or other matter that may occur in the workplace. Non-members do not receive representation in any matter other than grievances. Hiring a private attorney — in the simplest of matters — can cost a minimum of $1,500 to $2,000. In complicated cases, attorney fees can run to $10,000 or more per case.
Membership Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
As a member, you will have an automatic $3,000 Life Insurance plus an additional $3,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Policy at no cost to you. Non-members are not eligible for this benefit.
Only members can attend union meetings, vote in Local Union elections, vote on how the Union should be run, vote on what it should be trying to accomplish, or vote on what it shouldn’t be doing. Only members can offer proposals for negotiations for new contracts. Only members can vote on the ratification of any new contract. Only members have a say, a vote on what is happening to you in your workplace, on your salaries, on your working conditions, on your benefits. Non-members don’t have any of these rights.
As a member, you may qualify for election or appointment as a Steward if you want to become actively engaged in the Unit activities. As a member, you may qualify for appointment on the Unit-wide negotiating team, the unit-wide or departmental safety committees, the Unit-wide or departmental joint management-labor committees, the Unit-wide or departmental Apprenticeship committees, on any committee that is formed or activated. Non-members cannot participate in these activities.
Members are eligible for IUOE Credit Union membership with assets in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Checking, savings, Visa cards, auto, boat, motorcycle, recreational vehicles, motor homes, trailers, mobile home loans, home and personal loans, first mortgages on homes — all at the UNION interest rates, the lowest to be found anywhere.
250 North Canyons Parkway
Livermore CA 94551
Toll Free: 800-877-4444
Web Site: www.oefcu.org
Members can view appreticeship opportunities at the Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS) website. These opportunities give members a chance to gain employable lifetime skills and provides employers with a highly skilled and experienced workforce while strengthening California’s economy. Click here to access website.
Members may be eligible for reimbursement of tuition and books costs for classes taken are for the purpose of improving job skills or for job advancement. Annually, members’ children are eligible to apply for college scholarships that are awarded by the Locals. Non-members are not eligible for these benefits.
We teamed up with BenefitHub to provide our valued members access to exclusive discounts not available to the public including, Disneyland, Universal Studios, LEGOLAND, SeaWorld, CityPASS, Hotels, and lots more!
To access the discounts, send your name, employer, job site and job classification to: IUOE@unit12.org. Once your Unit 12 membership is validated, you will receive an email with the BenefitHub website links.
The following forms are available for our valued members.
Have a Question?
Unit 12 Office
Headquarters of the three IUOE locals representing Unit 12, the Unit 12 coordinator in each jurisdiction, and the District Offices.
IUOE Local Union No. 3
1620 South Loop Road
Alameda CA 94502
Director, Local 3 Crafts & Maintenance Division
3920 Lennane Drive
Sacramento, CA 95834
IUOE Local Union No. 39
337 Valencia Street
San Francisco CA 94103
Director of Public Employees
1620 North Market Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95834
IUOE Local Union No. 501
2405 West Third Street
Los Angeles CA 90057
Director of Public Employees
2405 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90057